Sunday, September 23, 2007

What we've been up to

Ok, so I'm trying this blog thing. I really don't know what I'm doing, but I'll give it a shot.



So we've been here in Ohio for about three months now, and we are having lots of fun. We have met a lot of new friends. And we have kept really busy with home improvement projects. We painted our main level. (all but one room) eventually we will move upstairs with the paint but for now I'm sick of it. We also built a deck in our back yard. Well Dallin (and a few friends) built it and I kind of supervised. I still like to thing I was important in the building process though. (i will put up more pics later.)











Tate was a big help on both projects!!

Tate started pre-school a few weeks ago, and he loves it. He thinks he is so cool! He just goes friday mornings for a few hours. So Thursday nights he is so excited to go to bed because he knows he gets to go to school in the morning. Wow, I wish pre-school was every morning. ha ha

He doesn't look excited at all!

Dallin started his orientation week this week. We had his white coat ceremony Monday night, it was a lot of fun. Then next week he is diving into the real deal. School actually starts after being here 3 mo. I don't know what I am going to do. I've been so used to having him home. We have been an a 3 month long vacation. So now I'm afraid it might actually set in that we are away from home. (Utah that is. Dallin always tells me that this is home now. but you know what i mean) Luckily I have made some really good friends that have promised to keep me busy so I don't get too home sick.

So there is a lot more to say but I will have to post again later. Love ya everyone!!!!

10 comments:

Kimi said...

I love you pictures! I'm so glad to hear you are adjusting well in Ohio! Isn't it crazy to be so far from 'home'? Tate looks too big! Let's keep in touch!
Love,
Kimi

whitney holland. said...

Amanda, I am sooooooo happy that you finally started a blog. Your boys are to die for cute! I am sure now that Dallin is starting school you will have lots of time to keep us updated on your fun life in Ohio. I miss you tons and can't wait to see you when you come home for X-Mas! Love ya!

The Royalls said...

Hey Dallin and Amanda and Boys- Hows it going over there in Ohio? your house looks like it is so cute! Ed and I miss hanging out with you guys! (since we are the only ones Dallin likes to hang out with!!!) I hope everything goes good for you guys, and I especially can't wait until Dallin is making the big buckeroos...so you can take us on a sweet vacation-just like good old times!! Good Luck with everything! We miss and love you guys!

The Royalls said...

Is that a new car I see in the pics? Wow you guys are already rollin' in the dough!!

Hillary Garner said...

Amanda! It's so good to hear how you're doing. Your house looks so cute and your little family looks so happy! Keep up the blogging!

Hillary Garner said...

Amanda! It's so good to hear how you're doing. Your house looks so cute and your family looks so happy. What an adventure...i'm jealous! Keep up the blogging!

Hill

Jessica June said...

amanda- I am so excited that you are blogging! It's the best way to keep in touch! Your house looks so fun! Don't get too homesick..enjoy being away! I am jealous that you are on your own!!!:)
We miss you!!! Love Jess

Darbee said...

Oh Amanda! I just realized that you started a blog, and I am SO happy! I can't believe you have been away for so long, and you are doing so well...not that I am surprised, but I just don't know if I can do it. You look beautiful, and your house and your kids...wow! I'm glad we can keep in touch through this crazy world of blogging...but don't hesitate to use the phone if ever you get lonely! We love you and miss you! When will you be back? Christmas?

Mike said...

Amanda! You BUTT! Call me back. Do you not check your messages? I don't know how to do this blog thing..hahaha. Mike does it all! But it is fun. Hey I am going to get him to put pictures of us when you came to visit me in Omaha! I miss you!

cheeks said...

Love the pics! LOVE THAT YOU'RE A BLOGGER!!! The deck looks super! You guys have the perfect party house...when can we play settlers again? I hate that the boys are in school...i hate that i have to work and can't play as much as i'd like!