Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Windy... I mean RAINY City


Mindy Emily Me
This was one of the funnest road trips I think I have ever been on. This is us as we were beginning our 6 hr drive to Chicago. The drive actually went by surprisingly fast. I guess that's what happens when you don't have to entertain kids in the car. We just talked and laughed the WHOLE time.


That night we walked around the Windy City for a while until we found dinner.


We ate at a little pizza joint and had the famous Chicago style pizza. It was great... if you like cheese. I think it had like 2-3 inches of cheese and the sauce and the sauce was on top. Different but good.

That night I had such a hard time settling down. It really felt like I was 5 the night before Christmas. I think my two Pregnant roomies were about to boot me out of there :0)

SO... I have to say the build up was way bigger than the actual show. Yeah I know. I was a little disappointed with Oprah. I really expected her to be a little more social with the audience and have a little more fun. We did get two taping's rather than just one, which was cool, because they don't normally do that. The topic was forgiveness, and then we had Dr Oz. The Forgiveness story was really kind of depressing. It was about some kid who killed his brother and mom, and his dad forgave him. Maybe if the shows had been a little more up beat Oprah would have been more outgoing. I don't know.


This is everyone we met up with in Chicago. Tricia it was SO FUN to see you and meet your CUTE FAMILY!!


Mindy Emily Tricia Me
Here we are outside of the studio. No that is not FREE STUFF in our bags. We just went to her store and bought some souvenirs.


TRIVIA TIME
Of the three of us, two pregnant and one not. Which one would you guess ended up PUKING on the streets of Chicago in the pouring rain. Oh and don't let me forget the head out of the cab window dry-heaving incident!!

... Thats right, it was ME!! I won't give full details but yes, it definitely happend. And NO I'm not Pregnant! Hmm now I wish I would have let the girls take my picture after that. Believe me, it was not pretty!

After that we went back to the hotel and relaxed/slept for a while. I woke up feeling MUCH BETTER and then we headed to Wicked.


For me, this was THE BEST part of the whole trip. I have been wanting to see Wicked for SO LONG. When we found out that we were going to Chicago, I told the girls that we have to see Wicked while we were there. My only regret is that we didn't spend more on our tickets and sit up closer. But with only one week notice there wasn't much we could do about it. I already can't wait to go back with Dallin to see it again!!! HINT HINT BABE!!


Just before the show started. In the bathroom of course.

The next morning/afternoon we got up and saw a little bit of the city. We were staying right next to the John Hancock building. This shot was taken from the 96th floor, in the bathroom. Perfect place for a picture!



This trip was SOOO needed. Thanks hubbies and babysitters for letting us go.

17 comments:

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Wow, we definately had a blast! And It's definately already missed! Can we go back...NOW? :0)

Thanks for a Great Weekend. And for taking us to Wicked!!! SOO FUN!

Zack and Julie Martin said...

I am sorry that Oprah sucked and that you were sick!!! At least you look way hot in all your pictures and WICKED was way worth the trip right!?!

The Morris Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! Minus your headache and sick spill. We deserve times like this for sure! You looked way cute in all your pictures and your friends are adorable. Isn't Wicked the best! I'm so glad you got to see it.

Sarah Walton said...

Looks like so much fun!! Glad you guys had such an awesome trip! Chicago really is such a cool city. Now I want to go back without kids and see Wicked!

Just Josie said...

Amanda! Yay! I love this bloggin stuff! your boys are so cute. How are you doing? I am so jealous that you got to see wicked. I can't wait until wicked comes here.

Lisa said...

How fun! I would love to go to Oprah! I am anxious to see Wicked one of these days. When we were in Conn it was always sold out.

Cordie said...

I love your update. Did you watch the Oprah show today? I was hoping to see us in the audience :( It really was nice meeting you, hopefully we meet again. Take care, Cordie

Ally said...

Hi! This is Allyson from the ward...I promise I am not a stalker:) I've just been blog hopping through the ward. Anyway, I just found out I am your visiting teacher:) SO...I guess I will get to know you better...I think we have briefly said hi for about 3 minutes. Your trip looked AMAZING! I just saw Wicked also, and LOVED it also. See you soon! kevinandally.blogspot.com

Elise said...

Amanda! I'm so jealous! What a fabulous trip! Too bad Oprah was a downer. We should get together one of these days before we're snowed in here for the next 8 months!

trent and rach henderson... said...

yes! you need to email me the pictures dall took of the boys. trent didn't take the camera, so you need to send me some asap. my email is rachelhill84@yahoo. thanks girl. boo vampires

Taunya and Ian said...

Hey Amanda! Looks like you guys had a good time! We need to have you over soon-sorry we are slackers. Our blog is
taunya-ian.blogspot.com

Kent and Shan said...

what a fun trip!! I don't know if it's just me but I feel like Oprah has gone a bit downhill lately. you look so good though!

Todd and Ashley said...

Hey Amanda, this is Ashley Christensen one of your new visiting teachers. I found your blog through Jami's in the ward. It was fun seeing you last weekend over at her house for a bit. I think your two boys are adorable. I can't wait to get to know you better, you are such a cutie. You are welcome to check out our blog anytime it's:toddandashleychristensen.blogspot.com

Kimi said...

You are so cute! Glad you had fun on a girls trip!

Rachel said...

Just checking in and seeing how you are doing! It sounds like Ohio has fabulous girls in the ward. (I'm so jealous!) You look great and I'm glad you got to go home for the reunion and see all the family. The boys and I sent home a couple of weeks ago, it was hard to come back to Tucson, where its hot still! Being 7 months pregnant I'm ready for some nice autumn weather here! The girls trip sounds like so much fun. You're such a funny chick, I love it :)

KRISTIN BELL said...

I jsut went to Chicago too! I absolutely LOVED wicked! It was awesome! I loved chicago too, such a pretty city! I would die for a just girls road trip right about now!! So fun, sorry you were sick ;)

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Ha ha what an adventure. Look like you has some serious fun!! Youguys are so cute and that post made me laugh :)TTYL