Sunday, September 13, 2009

MY BIG KINDERGARTNER

I can't believe I have a kindergartner. I don't feel like it should be possible. I never really thought I would be one of those emotional moms when their kids go to school. Well I guess I was wrong. I completely balled the day he started. Must be the pregnancy! :)

The morning that he started he was getting dressed and getting ready and we had a conversation that went like this...

me: tate i don't think you should go to school today, why don't you stay home with me?
tate: MOM, i have to go to school
me: no you don't you can just stay home and play with me all day.
tate: mom... i have to go so i can learn stuff
me: why don't you stay home and i will teach you everything you need to know.
tate: but mom... you can't teach me how to be a dentist! i have to go to school so i can learn dental school stuff!
me: (holding back the laughter) oh, ok, i guess you can go then.
I hope he realizes soon that he's just going to be doing numbers and letters for a while.


Waiting to be picked up after school. He is lucky enough to be in the same class as his best buddy Isaac.


1 comment:

cheeks said...

ah! i'm so proud of you for all these posts....maybe it's part of your nesting phase! ha ha! tate is so grown up! he's such a cutie! that conversation you two had is too cute! i love that he needs to go to dental school! :) your family pics are way cute!