Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Special Day





This is Abbi. Today was her baptism day. I am really feeling sad that we weren’t able to be there for and with her. But, I am so happy for her. Abbi has always held a special place in my heart. She was the first little baby in our family. Not only that, but she was quite the little miracle baby. To make a long story shorter… When my sister was pregnant, her Dr’s told her that this baby would not live so she would be better off terminating her pregnancy, and if the baby did live it would have many health problems. So she decided to continue with her pregnancy anyway and pray for the best. She had a very hard pregnancy emotionally and physically... At 29 weeks little Abbigayle was born. She was only 2.4 lbs. but she was HEALTHY! She stayed in the nicu for about 3 months and came home weighing a little over 5 lbs. Abbi is such a blessing .
We LOVE you and miss you Ab! I hope you had a wonderful day!

BTW, these are some pretty old pictures.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! She is adorable!

Jessica June said...

I can't believe Abbi is already 8! I remember when she was born! Time goes by way too fast! She is so cute!
BTW- I love your blog! Where did you get such cute paper and how do you make your words different in the post?? I am very dumb when it comes to the computer...a little help please!!!
we miss you!!

Sara said...

That is such a touching story about your little niece. What a blessing. Cute pictures.

Contact said...

is abbi really 8 years old! for some reason that makes me feel old!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

That is a neat story about you neice! You blog is really cute too!

Perry's said...

Isn't is sad to miss all that stuff at home. She is super cute, what a sweet story!

trent and rach henderson... said...

hi Girl! Thanks for the Happy Birthday comment! I had the BEST birthday EVER! My mom, Shan and Madi came into town to surprise me! I had no idea, they were planning it for a month! I got spoiled by my mom, as usual, and Trent. It was hard letting them leave! I miss them already and it's only been 4 hours! tear! Have a Great Birthday yourself!!! Love Ya!
Rach

trent and rach henderson... said...

Lexi had to stay home and go to school! She is coming to visit in June! Aren't surprises and families the BEST, especially when they are combined!? Ha Ha When are you guys going to Utah again? Does Dallin have summer school? Trent does. Yuck!

Emily J. said...

Isn't life such a miracle. I love hearing all of these inspiring stories. You look so cute in the pictures even if they were from a long time ago.

whitney holland. said...

Wow, seriously she is 8! We are so old..hahah! She is adorable and I bet you miss living close to her! When you coming home again?! We miss you guys like crazy!